Eight things to say about the first run of Week 8 on C25K
- I was late out, but BBC Sounds is a great app, because restarting Ken Bruce an hour later, fooled me into thinking I’d got out before midday
- That con was quickly dispelled, when I saw the sun, blimey it was warm
- Long running tights, didn’t make for a comfortable run
- Nor did the five builders, who watched me do the seven circuits of the loop I’d chosen
- A bright red face doesn’t go with an acid green running top
- A twenty eight minute interval seemed to take longer than my last run of thirty minutes (it didn’t just seem to, it actually did)
- I don’t understand how I ran slower, doing a shorter interval run, but felt totally puffed out
- Mr Smooth was totally out of order suggesting I could probably take the whole run a lot faster
Conclusion, coronabelly is impacting, I think I’m out-eating the calories expended on the runs. Ho hum, let’s hope Boris relaxes the rules and we can go out more than once a day to exercise. I think I’ll have to take up night walking to keep me away from the fridge – this is in my opinion the biggest issue with open plan living, my fridge is in the living room.
I couldn’t wait to do the twenty eight minutes interval, because I thought it would be a breeze. How wrong can you be? But the much warmer weather may have had an impact, or maybe it was the champagne last night?
Answers on a postcard please…
p.s. Suzy – did you go out yesterday?
One red face
One knackered runner
Best song Boxer Beat, as it kept me going on my final loop
Same old stuff – think I’ve got to up the ante (but I don’t want to)